Jul 12, 2010

100 Cups of Coffee #1

Blogs that log activities or have specific goals intrigue me. Examples are Year of Photos and Friday 5-senses blogs. They're so cool.  And I just watched the movie Julie & Julia again, which is sort of a blogger's dream. To set off on a goal, to work through something, to arrive at a different place (all while attracting readers and getting a book deal AND then a movie! harumpf!).
Made me think: what could I do? I'm not going to cook my way through any cookbook, not even  the "quick & easy" kind, of which I own quite a few. And to maintain focus for a daily goal, even weekly ... hmmm. it's just plain doubtful!
It's gotta be something I love and do frequently. Something I can rely on, something I pretty much know is going to happen. That's when it came to me: COFFEE! I love morning coffee. Serious, committed LOVE. Not a day goes by without it!  Now, I could  log a year's worth of coffee, but  ... naah. That'd get old quick. To fit my life, it needs to be a bit more random, with a little challenge (hey, my teen kidz are challenge enough!). Something I can come back to when  my modern day A.D.D. brain has led me elsewhere: 100 cups of coffee. Bigger than a breadbox, smaller than a couch. And they can be random. I have no idea why, where and when a particular cup will make the grade. It'll just happen!

This first cup was Memorial day. A day I decided to memorialize by taking a photo of everything I ate! (Whew ... talk about a good diet tool!)
P.s. The coffee here was good, the mauvey-pink counter-top of my 70's kitchen ... another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment